And one day closer to being a hot mama . . . maybe. We’ll see how I feel when I get there. How ’bout that? Right now, I cannot imagine being hot, because I feel like a fluff ball. Frump-girl. Today is the first day of starting my new diet-and-exercise- getting-my-rear-in-gear program. No fancy shmancy brand names here, folks. No Weight Watchers. No Atkins. Not meaning to dis anyone. Just have no money to spend on those systems. Being laid off work, you have to use what ya got. What I got:
- A treadmill I’ve had for about 3 years. I bought it from a friend that couldn’t use it anymore from hurting her ankle, so I got it at a bargain – more of a steal! But I could just as well use the road, so anyone wanting to do this with me – you have no excuses. Although, it is easier to walk or run inside when it’s raining.
- Jump rope
- The floor – for situps/crunches, pushups, leglifts, squats, jumping jacks, jumping rope, etc.
- Many pump-it-up type dance tapes and many different aerobic work-out DVDs, as well as Yoga tapes
- Trees – these are great for pull-ups. Find a nice strong limb, throw over your jump rope or another rope and pull yourself up, either from a laying position or standing.
So, no fancy systems, no fancy equipment, no fancy foods, so anyone can do this. You don’t have to have money to diet and exercise.
Day 1 – March 13, 2011 – 177 pounds o’ flab.
Here’s where I bite the bullet. Wait. How many calories are in that? Cheezy, I know. Sorry. 😉 Ok, here we go with the flabby pictures. Being Day 1 and I said I’d document beginning, during and after. Here we go.
I’m disgusted just looking at these pictures. I cannot believe I’ve let myself get this far out of shape. When I was in the Air Force, I worked out twice a day. Now, I look preggers and I’m not! Well, time to do something about it, right? Better late than never. I want to be healthier. I want to hang around a while, so I’m going to cut the sugar, the salt (not completely out, just lessen), break down the cholesterol. Last time I had it checked (last year), it was actually not too high. I don’t have health problems, but I don’t want any, either. So, I’m starting something.
Weighed in, as you can see above, at 177 this morning. Wearing a snug size 14 jeans, large t-shirt, dangflabbit! Consumed 1,363 calories today, which is actually 163 more than what I wanted to consume, but I’ll do better tomorrow. I did 15 minutes on the treadmill at a speed of 3.5, no incline, yet. It was pretty easy, so I know I could have done 3.7 or 3.8 at an incline for longer, so I’ll work harder tomorrow.
I did all the body measurements! I also wrote down everything I put in my body. If you want more details as far as that goes, let me know and I’ll record daily on the Rear in Gear page.
Tomorrow, eating less calories, drinking more water, and working out more. Will try to eat 1,200 calories or less and work out for at least 30 minutes. I don’t want to put my body into shock. Will do treadmill and maybe shake it up with some aerobics. I’ll let ya know. I may check in from week to week. We’ll see. My goals for this:
- Go from 177 back to 125 or 130 – I felt great then!
- Go from size 14 to size 5 – I loved that size!
- Go from flab to fab – and getting rid of these wings attached to my arms before a swift wind comes along and I take flight!
How long do you think it’ll take me? I’m hoping I can lose 3-4 lbs per week by taking in less calories, eating healthier foods, working out 6 days per week and drinking more water.
I haven’t had any chocolate today and I thought I might have a meltdown earlier but held strong. I can do this thing!
Until next time . . . 😉